For my project I will investigate a variety of articles on teaching philosophy in order to develop a personal ideology, which will inform my professional and academic involvement with curriculum creation, teaching, and scholarly writing. Research will be the predominant focus of my project. I expect that the readings will challenge me to understand and appreciate various teaching worldviews and the arguments and assumptions that comprise them. I will develop skills in research and analysis, which will be valuable to my continued teaching and writing. This project will expand my experience with pedagogy and didactic models.
During my academic career, I would like to write and (attempt to) publish curriculum and essays on rhetoric and pedagogy. I hope to continue teaching youth and adults at work and in my volunteer efforts. I would like to have a strong foundation of theory as I pursue these goals. This project will be the initial step.
I will deliver an annotated bibliography of select essays, including summary notes. I hope to build on this research in my ongoing teaching and writing endeavors. In the process of this research I hope to develop a personal teaching philosophy, or at least to determine the substantive considerations for developing one. I will include my teaching philosophy or a brief statement regarding my progress towards creating that belief.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am also researching teach philosophies. I am trying to get ahold of teachers in the area. We'll have to compare notes! I have limited my scholarly research to scholars referenced by the teachers I talk to. I will be way excited to see what you come up with.
Cheers!
Post a Comment