Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Project "Proposal"

I seem to remember Christy saying something about posting our project idea on the blog. So...

I'm going to work with Jen Simonds, one of the psychology faculty, to work on a lesson plan for teaching analytical writing to her Intro to Psych students this summer. She has sent me copies of the class's four paper assignments and loaned me a copy of the book the class will use. My current plan is to create a lesson plan for at least one assignment (it might be more, if I have enough time).

I do plan to present the lesson to the Psychology class this summer, but the presentation will NOT be part of the requirements for this MPC project. My project will be finished when I have the lesson (materials, research, and presentation) ready for at least one assignment of the Intro to Psych class.

I think that covers it. See you all in class!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Jen is also looking for instruction herself. Will you provide that in some way that’s slightly more formal than just presenting her with materials? For example, you might provide rationales for your documents, or present to her a brief “report” about what she might learn from you as a result of our class.

She’s a very motivated learner who wants to know more about how to run a successful writing intensive course.